Superbase Software Limited produces Superbase NG, the Superbase NG Database Engine Licence and related products.
Superbase NG is a programming language, database engine, and rapid application development tool set that can be used to quickly and easily produce powerful productivity applications. The resulting applications can be deployed on Windows and Linux, with more platforms planned. Web server applications can be designed as standalone systems or integrated into a the desktop applications that can be produced with the same tool set.
Superbase NG contains all of the components required for building and debugging web server applications, pure server programs, and desktop applications. This includes:
- Superbase NG Development Environment (IDE) — for programming and debugging
- Superbase NG Personal — for creating and managing databases, forms and reports
- SIMPOL Language Reference
- SIMPOL Programmers Guide
- Superbase NG IDE Reference
- Superbase NG IDE Tutorial
- Superbase NG Quickstart Guide
- Superbase NG Personal User Guide
- Numerous sample projects for web server applications, libraries, console programs, sockets programs, database access, and GUI programming
- Superbase NG Database Engine — single- and multi-user database engine
- 3-user Server license for testing multi-user applications with the multi-user database engine
- Component libraries for:
- TCP/IP (client and server)
- Web server application libraries for CGI, ISAPI, and FastCGI
- Graphical user interface components library
- XML Document Object Model (DOM) library supporting Core Level 2 and some of Level 3
- Library for calling external library functions (DLL calls)
- Operating system library with support for files and directories
- Library allowing external applications to call functions in SIMPOL language libraries
Here are some screenshots from Superbase NG Personal:
The following are screenshots from the development environment:
As far as we can determine, Superbase NG does not fall under any export restrictions. That is not to say that it would be impossible to produce a program using Superbase NG that would be subject to export restrictions, however, Superbase NG is a general purpose development tool kit, and is not itself restricted.
For more information about Superbase NG’s SIMPOL programming language and tools, see the dedicated SIMPOL web site.
Superbase NG was previously named SIMPOL Professional and even earlier the SIMPOL Developer Kit during the pre-release period.