The World’s First Relational Database with the unique Peer-to-Peer Client/Server Technology
In 1989 Superbase gave the world its first Windows-based relational database management system (RDBMS). In 1999, we introduced the worlds first Peer-to-Peer Client/Server system (PPCS) which was designed to offer businesses a complete data management solution regardless of their size.
For the first time ever, there is a product that combines the meanness, leanness and ease of use of a desktop database with the functionality of a SQL database and that enables applications to share data and files between multiple clients and multiple servers. With Superbase Classic, the new PPCS functionality of sharing and exchanging data and applications between computers, locally or remotely, is offered as an addition to the high performance and reliability already enjoyed by approximately two million users around the world. PPCS is a Client/Server system with a difference.
- Since both the client and the server are integrated into Superbase Classic only one version of the software is needed, thus alleviating the need for two different software products.
- A client can connect to an unlimited number of servers and concurrently access all the databases and applications that exist on all the connected servers.
- A client can be converted to a server and a server into a client at will and instantaneously. This makes it possible to write applications that effectively make the Internet an extension of your local LAN!
The modern development environment of Superbase is built around the small, fast, efficient and proven Superbase database engine. A flexible BASIC-like language (similar in syntax to VBA) and a robust set of tools make Superbase an ideal and powerful Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool suitable for the most demanding applications in any mission-critical environment.
Click here to view what has changed in Superbase Classic over Superbase 2001.
Download the Superbase Classic Demo
The following are some of the main features of Superbase
Unique Features Exclusive to Superbase:
- The only database capable of displaying more than 250 file formats
- Unique rotatable textboxes
- The only database in the world that can handle huge integers up to 122,880 digits in length
- RSA encryption supported with user-definable key lengths
- Huge integer mathematics
- Volatile (memory-based) files
Graphical Development Tools with Source Code Generation
- Form Designer / Report Designer / Dialog Editor / Menu Editor / Icon Bar Editor / Macro Recorder
- Superbase Object Model / Object Browser / Superbase Basic Language
Modern Features Built-In
- EMail Support – MAPI and VIM
- OLE2 Automation
- COM1-COM9 Supported for programmable communications
- Multidimensional Crosstab Queries
- File, Form, and Report Templates
- Form and Report Design Assistants
Open Access for Easy External Data Integration
- ODBC and dBase
- Smart Queries
- Direct SQL Connectivity to Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, SQLBase, XDB
- Comes with internal image support plus external file/image API for external file/image filters
- Support for any MCI registered format (AVI, WAV, etc.)
- Microsoft Windows 3.x, 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP (32-bit), Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit)
- PC using Intel 386 or higher processor
- 4 MB RAM, 15 MB available disk space
- CD-ROM Drive
Superbase Classic provides you with the excellent development environment you are used to in all previous versions of Superbase in addition to the ground-breaking technology of the world’s first PPCS added in version 3.6i. The modern development environment of Superbase is built around the legendary Superbase engine; a small, fast, efficient and proven database engine. A flexible BASIC-type language (similar in syntax to VBA), and a robust set of tools makes Superbase an ideal database and powerful Rapid Application Development tool for the most demanding applications in any mission-critical environment.